View Single Post
Old 06-21-2004, 03:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Tebo
Paused

Need advice on handling detox and rehab?

My wife is currently enrolled in a rehab/detox program in Texas. The only advice that the hospital is giving me is to let her do her own thing. But I need more info. Everything is a big argument. I stopped her from cleaning house and driving but she continues harass me about it. The reason I stopped her was because she admitted that house cleaning was a trigger to use more pain meds and the driving because she cant stay awake more then 10 minutes when she gets in a vehicle. When she got out after her first ten days and put into a partial program that was all she would do was start arguments about cleaning houses and driving. She readmitted 2 days later because she wasn't getting any support at home. Last saturday she called me to bring some of her meds that the hospital didnt have. When I got there the meds were there and when I explained it to her she just erupted. I drove 3hrs to see her and got a non-stop arse chewing for 30 minutes because that was all I could take. I left. Ive read alot on detaching and not quite sure "HOW"? I dont have a NARC-ANON but do have ALANON in the area do you think they can help? I'm 1.5 years from retiring from the military and I have 2 teenage sons in high school and I really do love my wife but not sure if I'm going to be able to handle all the arguing and acquisations(sp). I sure as heck don't want to put my sons through this. Thanks for letting me vent.