View Single Post
Old 03-19-2010, 07:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
wanttolive

Back again Just a word about weaning

I know this is a very controversial subject and one which I have disagreed with in the past. But I have been sober again for 15 days and this time I actually made it without withdrawals by weaning.

I never agreed it could be done. But having gone through horrible withdrawals I was more afraid of that than trying this way. I had my non alcoholic spousal equivalant take my keys and money and cards away. I went from about a 750 bottle of vodka and worked my way down to a few light beers in about a week and a few days.

Yes I had some shakes and the night issues of sleeping and waking with a start but it sure beat the full blown stuff I was so afraid of. He would dole out my ration and that was it. I know it's not for everyone but this time, at least at the moment, it is working for me. I really have no cravings as I seriously wanted to stop but the symptoms were just too much. So I kept going.

I know I will get bashed for this method and I have disagreed in the past too. But I think with the support I received it was so much easier this time. Sure I wanted more but that was not an option. I feel so much better with a clear head and so happy I did not go through the vomiting, tremors, etc.

Mods you can remove this if you think it is contradictory to your thinking, but I wanted people to hear another view. One that normally does not work. In this week, I have signed up for school and applied for a rare job that comes our way! I am very happy and excited about my new chance.

This is NOT for everyone. But I wanted to share this as I have been trying off and on for so long. Today is a new day for me and so is tomorrow!!