View Single Post
Old 06-21-2004, 10:45 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
LostDream

Listen to Alexia, she's a baby too, and she's looking inside to find herself.
And really, that's all you can do.

I remember when I was first getting sober, it seemed like everyone had an answer to why they got sober, but no one could tell me it either. Just vague things, like one day at a time, and work on yourself... work the program.

and that's hard when you can't find someone to actually talk this over with. That's what sponsors are for. Find a like-minded individual who's hell was similar to yours. Find how they succeeded in escaping, but don't leave thinking that you can't find the answers. Sometimes, when peaple tell you to look into yourself, they have good intentions. Because we know that most times, when we're in it, we don't want to look inside, because what we see isn't pretty. But that's what the inventory is for. So we can see how for down the alcohol road we've sunk and hopefully by seeing ourselve, we begin to dig ourselves out.

I don't have any answers either sturpin. I just know that if you stay with sobriety and with people that have been where you are, it will get better. If not the situation, at least your peace of mind. Cause no one gets through this alone. We are stronger because we survived it, and we are better because of it!

Remember that. :bunny1: