View Single Post
Old 03-17-2010, 02:20 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
TakingCharge999
A jug fills drop by drop

You make me feel as if other partners didn't have issues at all.

XABF made more than me and has a secure job, well there was major chaos and drama, money is not everything. At least not for me. Compared to that this relation is all roses with practical things to look at.

In this relation I don't feel the other one is dancing the "jarabe tapatío" all over my heart.

Anvil, good point! So from that I gather we will never go to couples conseling. But guess what I just made my own appointment to go by myself well in case I didn't mention it before, he also is self employed so I'm hoping he can pay from those odd jobs.

Freedom, its all about me for most of the time.. when I wake up and do my yoga.. when I am at work and do my own thing... when I cook for myself and take care of my pets... when I go to my dance lessons... when I take a bath with candles on. When I talk to my friends......when I can offer a sincere hug to BF.... when we consider things that may help us navigate our lives better.

I think couples counseling is a huge step forward and its not a red flag but actually a GOOD SIGN he is willing to talk and seek help and try to get me. I also think its GREAT we start going early in our relation so we communicate better.

I also own my part, I don't even know the exact $$ he owes me and have not even asked for it. That is my issue. I can calculate it, bring it to the table. To me June looks good.

"By June you'll pay the rent, expenses, and give me back the $ I lent you. With an interest rate of Z. And you'll invite me fajitas at posh restaurant X as a sign of gratitude for my efforts"

Works for me. Thanks for the idea. I'll keep you posted.......