View Single Post
Old 03-17-2010, 07:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
NEOMARXIST

Thanks so much for that post Laurie. That has made me feel much better. I have such nostalgic memories of those times and they were genuinely great times with the discovery of drugs and psychedelia and all that. The booze and Cociane is what ultimately was the downfall. mainly the booze to be honest. That is my Vice. But I cannot have one without the other so i have to live totally clean from any drugs, both 'legal' and illegal.

I have just got back from town and bought a couple of Hendrix Albums. The new one that has just been released by the estate (no idea what it's like) and First Rays of The New Rising Sun which was the 4th studio album due to be released but he died before it was released, I know there is some great stuff on that album. Looking forward to listening to them now this afternoon. Man I love Hendrix so much.

Anyway thanks again for your post and it's good to know that I'm not alone, it's so easy to get so negative and depressive about old times but at 24 then it's not the case that there weren;t any good memories, but they are gone and I am keeping sober just for today. I find SR a great avenue to talk about this kind of thing as at AA evryone is so much older than me and ain;t got experience in the modern chemical generation or anything. And most who do are still using/drinking/partying at 24 so it can seem a bit wtf at times. but it always passes and I feel a lot better now.

peace