Thread: I am so tired!
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2010, 06:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
themerkin

I am so tired!

I have been struggling with pain killer addiction ever since I was in the hospital for back problems a few years ago. I have tried various injections, nerve blocks, and physical therapy. I have a prescription for oxycontin which I blow through in a week, but I have a hook up for when I run out. I just want my life back, I am so tired of my life revolving around pills and lying to my wife about it. I used the pills to help me deal with life and give me energy to complete household tasks. It started with me using just on Friday nights, then it changed to Friday and Saturday nights, and now I am using daily. It used to be that one 40mg oxycontin got me high, but now it takes ten 40mg oxycontin to get high. I stopped taking them to get rid of my back pain, and now I use them to get high. I love the way the pills make me feel, everything was perfect! I used to drink a lot, and ever since I discovered pills I stopped drinking! I lost so much weight in doing so (used to be 220lbs, I am down to 180lbs). I have no desire to drink anymore, so I guess I am grateful for quitting one vice, but I have now moved on to another vice. When I blow through my prescription, I have a hook up for any pills I want. I took my last oxycontin on Saturday, however I took some vicodins this morning. I also take gabapentin to give me a boost of energy. I JUST WANT MY LIFE BACK! I am so grateful that I found this website and see that other people are struggling with the same issues. Thank you!!!!!