View Single Post
Old 03-16-2010, 03:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Strytone28

Looking to quit for good

Hey whats up everyone.

This is my first time coming to a forum regarding my problem with alcohol. I guess the best thing to do is be honest. I am 29 and I have had a problem with substance abuse since I was about 15. It started with just smoking weed and that lead to some other heavier drugs. Around 19 I was able to quit drugs and started drinking. It took me awhile to figure out that I never stopped having a problem with substance abuse I just replaced drugs with alcohol. I dont drink hard liquor. Just beer. I drink about a six pack to 20 beers every night now. I can go a few days without it but thats usually followed by a heavy night. Longest Ive gone within the past 5 years of drinking I believe has been two months.I drink socially and by myself. Im around alot of drinkers and I know I have to just cut off those ties. But its hard. Seems every where I go there is always drinking going on.

Im starting to feel the emotional drawbacks pretty heavy right now. Its now affecting me more than ever and have decided to go to a recovery meeting this week.I though this site would be a good way to stay focused, so advice is more then welcomed.