View Single Post
Old 03-15-2010, 11:41 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
cinderellawkids

I am not trying to rationalize his relapse. He identified the anxiety about his interview as the trigger for his relapse. I understand that taking drugs is not a healthy or acceptable way to deal with this anxiety. I thought he understood this too. Either he does not get that yet, or he understands it and chose to do drugs anyway.
I just wanted to share that my estranged Ah would be doing good, get a job interview and ALWAYS use within 48 hours of the interview!!! ALWAYS. The rare times he still made it to the interview, somewhere between 30 and 60 days in he'd get commended for his job or a raise and BOOM he'd come home Friday night all proud high and mighty and well never was able to return to the job. It happened the same way in a rehab facility where you left to work...always the same.

I always called it self sabatage. Because I knew and he knew he made the conscious choice to use, feeling like he deserved just a little and once again throw his dreams away.

Your conscious choice, do you wat to keep taking the chance that the next time, may be different, can you handle it if it is not?