Thread: Scared
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2010, 08:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Pelican
peaceful seabird

My X got sober after he got the divorce papers. Took himself to AA and got a sponsor. I was happy for him.

Sobriety does not bring instant recovery. The unacceptable behaviors were developed over time and it will take time to unlearn them.

I am also a recovering A. It takes control not to pick up a drink and it also takes a great deal of control to stop manipulating, denying, lying, and avoiding responsiblity.

My personal experience with my X's recovery and my own has made me a beliver of :

Keeping my side of the street clean.

Please be gentle yourself. You have a lot of questions and feelings you are trying to process. You don't need all the answers by 10 a.m., right?

Let the rehab work on your A, while you and your children work on your recovery. You began a legal process to protect yourself and your children. I followed through with my divorce. Relapses can and do happen. I wanted to keep myself and my children protected while my X works on his recovery.

((((hugs))))

I hope you are able to give your A to your HP and get some rest tonight. You will be a better you with some rest.