View Single Post
Old 03-13-2010, 05:08 AM
  # 162 (permalink)  
KC1

BD - love the comment from your AA friend!!! Sounds like you have a great day planned for your 24 hours of "bachelorhood". When my husband goes away, I usually did the same thing - relished in the thought of being able to crack open a bottle of wine at Noon. How sad to think of that now. I am already "up and ready to get outta here" this morning. So nice to wake up so refreshed! I think my husband put me to the test last night, though. He was drinking his glass of wine here at the table as I posted, but then "went upstairs for a few minutes." He left the glass of wine sitting right here. I think he thought I might take a sip of it. It NEVER crossed my mind. He came back down a few minutes later and said "have you wondered if you could even take a sip of that" and I said "nope, not at all." That was all that was said about it.

Anyway, busy day today. Back to my caregiving duties with my grandmother and then I am going to go to the Spa for a manicure/pediure. Decided to treat myself on my TWO WEEKS of sobriety today. Yay!!!! Might be time for me to pick a new avatar as well. Something else to celebrate my two week mark. We'll see about that later.

Have a great day everyone. Have fun at your cabin, BD. Enjoy the day.

KC