View Single Post
Old 03-12-2010, 06:22 PM
  # 161 (permalink)  
bdiddy5522

Happy weekend everyone! I am sitting here with my weekend drink of cranberry/gingerale waiting for my in-laws to arrive. They won't be here long as they are leaving with our daughter for a few days to their house. My wife leaves tomorrow morning to Fargo ND for a Bon Jovi concert with an Escalade of Mom's. So I have like 24 hours of freedom!!! Now what to do with it? Normally in my drinking days I would have hit the bottle early, passed out, woke up, drank more to stave off the shakes/hangover and ruined my entire weekend. How sad. This time I am planning a nice day of maybe a nap, heading out to our lake cabin to make sure everything is as safe as it can be from the impending flood that will hit us soon, and then going to a friends house to play Wii tomorrow night. Wake up Sunday refreshed and head to church. It is going to rock!

I wanted to share something that someone shared with me at my AA meeting today. He said "if we don't remember our last drink, we haven't had it yet." This really hit home for me. Basically it means that it is easy for the memories of the "fun" we had while drinking, but it is important to remember how bad our lives sucked at the time and how we were. Just something I wanted to share with you all.

Have a great sober weekend everyone. And congrats KC on your sobriety tonight. I pray it sticks this time too. Just remember one day at a time. Tomorrow will take care of itself.

Hugs all, Brent