Old 03-12-2010, 03:31 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Freedom1990

Originally Posted by Sting View Post
I have the same concern with my wife picking up our kids every day. I know that she has picked them up when she was drinking. I could tell from texts and phone calls. I don't know how to handle this. Do I tell the teachers to watch it? She was drinking (secretly) at a playgroup last Friday and one of the wives had to call me to tell me she was driving our kids and my wife home. She was not aware of her problem until that day. I worry daily about drinking and driving. Any advice? Call police, teachers, who else?
Before my youngest daughter moved out, there was one incident where she came home visibly drunk. She got something out of her room, and back out the door she went and got in her car. I was so stunned that I just stood there.

I told her the next day (she never came back that night) if she ever EVER got in her car after drinking again, I would not hesitate to pick up the phone and call the police.

I would never be able to live with myself if I knew she were driving under the influence, I did nothing, and she ended up killing herself and/or others.