Old 03-10-2010, 07:32 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Luckyv2
JUST DO IT!!

Originally Posted by Laneparkin View Post
Hi everyone,

Im new here! So sorry if this sounds like a stupid question or what have you.

Anyways, I have been sober from alcohol since November 24th 09. However, I smoked pot over a week ago and told my sponsor about it as I felt fairly ashamed and knew i shouldn't be going out and smoking weed. My sponsor suggested that I change my sobriety date. This got me really angry because Ive never had a problem with weed or drugs (not that I would allow myself to use them whenever I pleased because there potential for addiction is high) and my main problems are alcohol and bulemia. Those are HUGE for me. Furthermore, it is Alcoholics!!! Anonymous...

If you all could shed some light on my dilemma, l would greatly appreciate it. Thanks so much!
I am sorry right now that I haven't read the whole thread the first few post is all. Here is how I look at it and this is just IMO whatever is the demon that makes you into the beast stay away from.

I know of many that smoke pot, in AA with much good sobriety, but they don't smoke it to catch a buzz. It is part of there way to get in touch with there inner self. Now I know many Indians that still smoke payote? spelled wrong I am sure. See

There is only one requirement for membership...the desire to stop drinking.

Do what You feel you should although, I've been down this road before, and after twisting three months over I just changed it to get it over with...That was a long time ago.

So no words of advise here.