View Single Post
Old 03-04-2010, 06:19 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Suomi

Fandy Wrote:
I was thinking that after reading a few of the threads where people are so VERY opinionated and abrasive....I would be very hesitant to post any slips I may encounter along the way...and these type of posts are JUST the reason I am hesitant to ever seek out AA...pushypushypushy....(if you don't do what I did, you can't quit drinking, because AA is the ONLY way)...baloney....my problem is individual and no one is more aware of that than I am.

I agree with this in such a way....in fact, it was the tone of many posts that kept me lurking for as long as I did before reaching out. I tried the AA approach myself and found it to be offensive, to be honest - I am much more than just an alcoholic and I hated being labelled from day one. I am currently awaiting treatment in a CBT community and I appreciate that method of treatment much more. I found AA cold and lacking in consideration for the things I have been through to get to where I am today; how am I to understand my illness if I don't understand the roots of it?

Just my opinion - I hope I don't offend so early on in my postings....