View Single Post
Old 03-03-2010, 04:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Happier

Houndheart. Congrats on your choice. I've had similar experiences and that I also found frustrating. It didn't take long after I quit to realize that a lot of my activities with friends and family basically revolved around drinking. They still offer me beer or mixed drinks as if this may be the time that I "reconsider". There are also their little comments like "I hate to drink alone" or "you used to be fun". Maybe it's just my bull headedness but that just makes me all the more set in my ways to not give in....especially not for them since they seem to be trying to pressure me.
Like I said, these are good friends and family. I don't consider it a threat and am not tempted by their behavior but it is curious behavior indeed. I think some of them are afraid of their own drinking situation and maybe my decision causes them some personal discomfort. I can't control that either. Hopefully I'll be there for them if they decide to consider abstaining.

Anyway, I'm pretty new here and havn't posted much. Thanks for giving me a reason and motivation to vent. I was blessed by your post.