Old 03-02-2010, 05:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
FreeingMyself

Struggling w/ grounding myself in reality and forgetting the fantasy...

If you have read any of my previous posts, then you know my AH is extremely verbally abusive and very unkind to me. I am really struggling with hanging on to reality now that we are seperated. Granted I know how miserable I was while he was here, and how much happier I am now that we are not living together, but I guess there is that part of me that really wishes it could be different. I allow him to come and spend time with our daughter whenever, and this does not bother me because he seems to be able to be cordial, and these moments remind me why we don't work. I just wish I didn't feel this nagging, guilty feeling about us being seperated all the time....I wish I could just be steadfast in knowing that without some incredible work on his part...this marriage just isn't going to work. In my head, I know that these are truths, but in my heart......for my children....it all just makes me very sad!! I have been spending a lot of time working on me....and that is really helping, being who I want to be, who I know I am.....but I really need to move past these feelings.