View Single Post
Old 03-01-2010, 06:28 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
cessy68

Originally Posted by teke View Post
thanks cess,

i recieved a letter from him 3 days before his passing and these words were what he wrote, almost to the letter. how did you know?
When one is dying, (which we all are every day), in terminal illness true authenticity arrives..... awareness of regret/thankfulness/honor/love becomes oh so clear and evident.

Because with everything I've learned Teke, love is the ultimate equalizer- between when we are born, and when we die. It is the only truth..... those who practice this philosophy, (in my opinion), onto themselves and others, will find peace in the present.

Teke, past dosen't matter, neither does the future. Staying present, and living 'truth' (love) towards all, INCLUDING you.....will bring you peace. Take peace in what you are, what you know, and what you give/gave to those around you.

Unfortunatley, this principle sometimes can get convoluted w/ thinking that you must be a doormat to live this way. It's not that. It just means living judgement free, accepting life (and those around you in it) as is. Understanding this journey is individual.... for you and others. It's letting go of our humanistic, "what should-be, could be, wants, needs" and realizing everything here is affected equally by us... every person, every day, every animal, plant, and creature of nature deserves this...... and this includes you.

When you live this way, you naturally 'give' the things/people/etc. around you exactly what they are meant to recieve. It's all an opportunity, and a lesson, although it is not always easy.... our ego, and self based thinking seem to jump in front of us sometimes and mess it all up. This is all part of the journey/struggle of 'life'.

Sometimes suffering a loss reminds us of this.

He knew what you gave, and how this is exactly how it was 'supposed' to be... don't second guess, it keeps you stuck in the past, and YOUR life needs to be present. Present only Teke... keep that in the front of your mind.....

Find some peace in this, and keep trying to live in a way that honors both you and others, and you will remain at peace with yourself.

Love,
Cess