Old 02-27-2010, 07:36 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Hevyn
Community Greeter

(Glad you bumped......weekends are low traffic times here at SR.)

This is some excellent stuff, Fandy. When I think about my old routine I can hardly believe what I considered a normal day. I'd come home and start pounding down beers - just to "face" the housework, dog feeding, getting clothes ready for next day. How ridiculous. If anyone called or came to the door, I'd be so resentful. How dare they bother me while I was busy getting trashed?

I, too, rarely slept. I'd have a drink by my bedside for when I woke up with the shakes. When morning came, I was already half in the bag (disgusting). I looked awful, too, dry hair that was falling out - pasty white skin, red eyes & very bloated. Yummy.

I thought I kept things clean, but as the fog lifted I noticed so many half-assed things I did. Nothing was really organized or orderly. Just before I quit it was utter chaos. I was wearing the same outfits over & over so I wouldn't have to iron. I could never stand to go back to those days. To think it was a way of life for over 25 yrs.

I'd like to say I have all healthy new habits, but not yet. I need to work on it - thanks for the inspiration! I ate so much candy in the beginning, and that's stopped. Now I have a coffee, diet cola, and ice cream addiction to get rid of. *sigh* Always something.