Thread: Emotions....wow
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2010, 11:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
louis

Location: Here's me. but when drinking could be found in doorways!
Emotions....wow

I just had 24 hours of whirl wind emotions, tuesday into wednesday. I had a really rough time at work, then found out my brother in law died (liver/kidney failure, due to this illness) and then it was my yr sobriety date. I was a wreck. I spent most of yesterday, crying, being happy, being sad, angry, laughing and generally being down right confused. I was feeling guilty i was happy about my sobriety when it was a sad day cos a family member died. I spent so long running from emotions it was a shock to get hit with so many in one go, pretty overwhelming. A great friend reminded me that i was sober and could help my sister. I wouldnt have been able to a year ago. A year ago, i would have been too drunk to have known what was going on. To be honest my family may not have even bothered telling me til the next day. I have gained so many gifts in this last year through sobriety, but bein able to be there for my sister and family is the biggest. I can cope with emotions. I got through them and they didnt kill me.