Old 02-26-2010, 07:14 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Brittny

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Hi Brittny

I think you know already how the limiting goes - it might work for a night but then, if you're like me, you just drink to catch up next time you're out.

I drank for pain too - but you and I both know there are better less harmful ways of alleviating pain - and alcohol gets progressively less and less effective...not to mention the other dangers of drinking, blacking out and hanging with strange men.

But...if you don't have the desire to quit...you probably won't Brittny. It's the way it goes for most of us. But things do, and will get worse. I really hope you decide to do something sooner than later.

I hope you keep reading and posting here - maybe we can help you work out what you can do right now.

Welcome
D

Right now, I can't find ways to self-alievate my pain. The dr. which does give me vicodin (only 30 at a time, so it doesn't last all month, but I still only fill it once a month) but he also gave me info on stretches for back problems. The back problem is so bad that I will get up to wash a few dishes and clean the countertop, and I have to go sit back down because my lower back hurts so bad, it feels like it will give out on me. I don't have insurance, So I can't see him anymore for this, but I do have a history with drug problems (It really wasn't addiction) but I was young and stupid and we would try different prescribed drugs to see how they would make you feel. Needless to say, I OD'd one night and was treated in the ER and took to a mental hospital (I was 16 I think). After that, I quit taking drugs that weren't prescribed to me. Oddly enough, I became a pharmacy technician at 17, and dealt with different drugs all day. It was hard sometimes - to see these drugs because it brought back bad memories, but I had no desire for any of them. I was so proud of myself to have had prescription drug issues in the past, and was able to overcome it and see them everyday, without craving or wanting them. Thats why I don't really think I was addicted to those drugs. It was just something we did as teens to get high. Try a little of this, or a little of that. But could you imagine, being a recovering alcohol addict, and working in a liquor store? OH MAN.... I know I couldn't do that. Thats how I know I have a problem. Another thing though, is that I'm prescribed xanax for anxiety. I have very bad anxiety. of course, your body gets immuned to it after awhile, so you need a higher dose. I try to get off of it for a week, to get my body back to not being used to it, but during that week I usually have my manic episodes. I have to have xanax, or I'd be a horrible person, seriously. But I just hate that my body gets used to it and it starts not working. I don't abuse them though, I take them as I'm supposed to.