View Single Post
Old 02-26-2010, 06:38 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
coffeedrinker

hello, and welcome to s/r. ann wrote a beautiful post, and yes, you are not alone here. but this is just one form of support. i hope you will start attending al-anon.

you did ask for feedback, and this is some of what i see:

your post is filled with contradictions. you are living in a tumultuous relationship, experiencing both ends of the spectrum (love/hate, suspicion/mistrust) and are understandably confused.

you say that he is "trying" and he is "reaching out to" you for help. but you also said that he doesn't really see that what he's using is so wrong. snorting, not shooting: not so bad; pills not h: not so bad. but if he is an addict, then i think we can agree that he can't use drugs. if the dr didn't prescibe them, and he's using them, that is called abuse. when he says these things, he is minimizing. when you say you're not at each other's throats, you can still laugh together, you share everything, you're soul mates, i feel it's a version of minimizing also. "it's not so bad" your comments seem to say.

some things to think about. please keep coming here, and consider those al-anon meetings.