View Single Post
Old 02-25-2010, 11:54 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
slowburn68

You remind me so much of myself when I first found out that my husband was using. I was so ignorant to the way that addiction works. Rehab is about so much more than detoxing. It teaches the addict how to live sober and gives them tools that will help them stay sober and a support group. The first time my AH went through detox at home I thought that that would be the end of the drug use also. It is so terrible how could they possibly want to risk going through it again? I don't mean to be harsh or sound cold. It's just that I've been right were you are now and know the road that you may take. How do you know that he wont start using again? You don't. How will you know if he does start using again? Educate your self about addicition. Get your self help. Just please try to remember that you CAN NOT fix him. He is the only one who can fix his self. He can drag you down with him if you let him. This is one of the hardest things you will ever have to deal with in your life. I pray that he does get the support that he needs and that he does stay sober. Just remember to take care of your self and get help for yourself so you can handle all of this.