View Single Post
Old 02-25-2010, 11:04 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
heroine

Thanks again everyone. He's actually my fiance, and we do have health insurance. The last couple days have been markedly better physically and so I don't think rehab would really be necessary. It seems like the battle will be much more mental & emotional now, but he is so devoted to getting better that sometimes he surprises me with his optimism. Somehow, I think he's doing better with all of this than I am. I'm encouraging him to attend NarcAnon as well, but he hasn't found a meeting that is close enough and at a good time (we both work and go to school full time).

Also, I've started back in counseling today (something I should have done a long time ago) so I can start thinking about how I can handle this on a personal level. He said he has been writing a lot about his experiences, and reading some of his notes has been very helpful to me as far as understanding the nature of being addicted to something you hate...it made me feel better to know that this wasn't something he really wanted to do, just more of a physical compulsion and a fear of what would happen if he stopped. I think I'm finally able to start remembering how much I love him now, and I hope he stays clean. I think he will!