View Single Post
Old 02-25-2010, 07:33 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Zebra1275

Checking in, sober, not sure how many days. Today sucked for me (and a lot of days have lately, due to work issues). My oldest daughter is away at school, she will be home next weekend to start spring break. We were trying to wait for her, but couldn't make it. One of our family cats, is "her cat" that she got when she was about 3. We had to put it down tonight after work, he was suffering. He once weighed 21 lbs. This morning when I weighed him he was 6.5 lbs, more like a skeleton than a cat. He was fading fast and I knew his time left was measured in hours, not days. He was like a family member and it was sad for my wife and I and our other daughter to take him to the vet. My daughter at school was on the phone with us at the time, but sad that she couldn't say goodbye. The whole experience pretty much sucked.

Then, for some reason we had a power outage when I was at work, and I couldn't get my new computer to turn back on (of course I had negleted to put a surge protecter on it yet). I'm a Mac guy, and my new pride and joy is a 27" quad core iMac. Those of you who know Mac's know that this is a sweet machine. To think that it was DOA because of a power surge didn't make me very happy. I did manage to get it back up and running just before my tennis league tonight. I did play some pretty good tennis so I guess the day wasn't a total bust.