View Single Post
Old 02-25-2010, 08:25 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
lily427

Thank you so much everyone for your help and your experiences. I know that ever since I have found this site and have been talking to people, I feel a little bit better...a little bit stronger. Sunnygirl, I believe he probably will get jail time I don't know how much though. He is facing 11 counts of theft under $1,000, a theft scheme charge, a possesion (empty capsules), and paraphanelia (3 syringes and 2 spoons). I imagine with all that he will get some time. I hope that he does because what he did was wrong and he needs to buck up and do the time for the crimes he commited. Today I have not went and checked on him....yet. I am trying to come to terms with the realization that we both are codies and I need to help myself because of my son.
Which brings me to Carolstar's comment.....you are soooo right. My son needs to be in a program, or therapy. You see I know I am a codie because my father abandoned me when I was very young. My step-father was emotionally abusive. My son's father was mentally, physically, and emotionally abusive to both John and I. He abandoned John (my son) when he was put in jail for trying to kill me. And now John and I have an addict in our lives. So this is a viscious cycle. I have lived miserably and been unhappy and depressed all of my life. I have been on so many medications for depression and PTSD it's not even funny. Apparently the reason I could not have a normal life was an underlying cause....co-dependancy. And I do not want the same thing for John. I do not want him to struggle through life like me....or end up out of control like Paul.
Sofacat....thank you I feel like I have a whole new group of friends now that understand. And thats just what I have been needing....for a very long time. I am so glad I found this site, It's just what I needed to help me through this time.