View Single Post
Old 02-23-2010, 06:24 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
aah1977

I have been really messed up since the cop came to my door on Sunday. My husband won't give me any answers so I actually called his lawyer today and told him my concerns over this officer being at my house. He couldn't really tell me much since I'm not his client or anything, but he told me just to call the police to see if an officer was dispatched. I found out that the officer was dispatched so I do feel better about that although I don't know the reason. It wasn't to arrest him though because they did tell me they will send 2 officers for a warrant (which I already knew).

I just want some peace! Once I got all that squared away I thought maybe I could let everything go and stop focusing on his mess. WRONG! There as a voicemail waiting when I got home from a car rental place. H's truck was hit 2 weeks ago by a woman 2 that slid on ice and she tried to run. Luckily she got arrested and her insurance is paying to fix his truck. Anyway,the body shop hasn't even begun fixing the truck because there was a 50 car pile up in our town that same day so they are super busy. The rental company wants their truck back until his truck can be fixed (it is still driveable) and if he doesn't take it back they will back charge MY credit card from Friday. They had it on file from a time we used them last year. They called me the day he went to pick the rental up and I stupidly agreed they could still use it because I've had rentals plenty and have never been charged-it is just thing they ask for "in case". I've been calling H all day to tell him to take the rental back and pick his truck up, but he is totally ignoring me. He answered the phone once and when I started to talk about the situation he said "yeah, yeah, yeah, that insurance company needs to pay for it because their client hit me!" and he hung up. So, now I have to put a hold on my card so they can't charge it and I'm guessing they will then report the vehicle missing.

Detaching just seems so impossible when you are married to the addict. No matter how hard I try to not get mixed up in his caios it always finds me!