View Single Post
Old 02-23-2010, 05:51 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  
Asta1

Tytan -- Somehow I can't visualize someone whose screen name is Tytan "blush"!! I have a couple of stateside cousins (my dad's side) spread out across country. One of them is really into the Swedish thing. He's visited a couple of times, practices the language whenever he can, etc. The other, not so much. The "practicing" Swede was (maybe thrilled wasn't the word) but he enjoyed speaking Swedish at my dad's funeral service several years ago with some old Swedes.

You are right, of course. I need to visit and at least try to look up some relatives. My mom was the youngest of 10 siblings. Most are probably dead, but most probably have kids that are alive or their kids had kids that are alive. My dad only had 1 brother and he immigrated to the US, hence the stateside cousins.

And why on earth do you vacation in the winter? Our next vacation is in May to New Orleans for a week. We belong to a kind of flexible time share called World Mark by Wyndham. Don't know if you've heard of it. Google it. When you return to the states, it's a great program to get into to see the states.

To everyone else engrossed in the Olympics, have fun. I'm not a sports fan at all, so I find other diversions. But if US or Sweden wins big, please post it! Just for bragging rights, you know? Everyone take care. Please.......