View Single Post
Old 02-23-2010, 07:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Bamboozle
I got nothin'

Something that bothers me

It never ceases to amaze me how much addicted people beat themselves up by calling themselves "stupid", "worthless", "dumb", "loser", "failure", "terrible", "awful", “reject”, “disgusting”, “weak”, etc.

If you find yourself calling yourself these things, stop.

Here's why you need to stop doing that:

Yeah, you're being mean to yourself. You think you know that you deserve to do this to yourself. You don't. What you don't realize is that you are making it harder for yourself to quit and stay clean/sober.

"Oh, I relapsed! I'm such a moron! Why can't I do anything right? I'll never beat this thing." ....yada yada yada.

If you screw up, the first thing you shouldn't do is beat yourself up for it. All you have to do is acknowledge what you did. That doesn't include self-abuse. Self-abuse is not neccessary to get or stay sober/clean. Self-abuse hurts you a lot.

Recognize the problem and continue to move forward. Don't dwell on it...fix it.

Giving yourself a little love and appreciation will help you loads. Give yourself a hug, treat yourself to a good meal or movie. Do something nice for yourself today.

I'm not perfect...I have self-esteem issues and I'm doing my best to get past my problems. It's tough. What I'm doing now is focusing on my really awesome abilities and personality.

Screw the people who bring you down and make sure you stick up for yourself.

That is all.