View Single Post
Old 02-21-2010, 08:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
aah1977

Originally Posted by sofacat View Post
aah

"....some how end up involved. "

You're not involved, you just answered the door.

As for your FIL....try not to judge them harshly. I know a couple of weeks ago I was fuming at the absolute denial and enabling of my AH's parents. But then I had to remember, it took me 10 years to actually see him as a very sick person who lies about everything. I can't blame them for being clueless, after all I was too for a long long time.

I just looked at everyone else as the enemy, and as the blame for my poor poor man's problems. I'm sure they're looking at everyone the same way too.

All in good time.

PS~ Was the cop good looking at least?

I know I'm not involved, but I try to put all his mess aside, but it seems to always get dumped in my lap.

I've had a very rocky relationship with my IL's since my husband and I first started dating-way, way, way before he got involved with drugs. This is just a perfect opportunity for them to have a real reason for not liking me. I'm the cause of the drug use AND now I'm abandoning him. His addiction has made our relationship even worse. I know it must be horrible having a child that is so lost and I try to remember that, but they've been horrible to me long before this situation existed.

And, funny enough the cop was HOT (I don't usually go for the\cop type)! When I called my husband he asked what the cop looked like and I told him that he was good-looking. He didn't laugh, but I could care less!