View Single Post
Old 02-21-2010, 07:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
BeautifulG

I am so afraid of being wrong

I think I am trapped by it.

He has recently quit drinking (4 months, ya for him). The sobriety come a year after we officially separated. I had moved on mentally while he was still drinking. The divorce was only a formality. I felt strong. I was comfortable and settled and at peace with the situation. Then he quit drinking.

Now he wants a chance to be the husband and father he should've been. I begged for that for such a long time. Then I got strong. I quit the drama. I reclaimed a life.

I know for sure that he isn't truly ready yet for a healthy relationship. He thinks that sobriety is enough and that everything else will follow. He's all better now don't you know. He doesn't need any additional counseling or to address any other issues. He's fine now, he thinks. He hasn't quite quit seeing the woman he was having an affair with b/c she is a crutch. He admits that.

As of right now, I KNOW that if I took him back it would be bad. But he keeps asking and I keep wondering. Maybe in a few months... maybe he'll grow and change and a healthy relationship could blossom.

I am afraid to say "NO" we're not going to get back together ever. Why am I so afraid to be wrong? Its almost paralyzing.

Please help sort through this?