Old 02-21-2010, 02:23 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
EllaBella
Fighting my Demons

Thanks for this CarolD, this really helps, I do need some guidelines. Although one question, if anyone can answer. In "early alcoholism' part you talk about blackouts, I had blackouts since I started drinking, yes they did increase in the past year or two, but what about blackouts that I've had when I just started drinking - is there any medical explanation or predisposition that could explain it?

intention you're talking about "I have since learned there are many alcoholics who don't drink every day and can control their drinks sometimes." - how do you define then this thin line between alcoholism and sometimes drinking too much. How do you know that you will be or won't be to drink under control? And I will definitely read the 12 steps book, at the moment I am reading Adult Children of Alcoholics, but 12 steps will be my next must do.

Neo, yes I do understand that with acceptance of alcoholism, the foundation for saying NO to the drink is build. But, as per my reply (above) to intention, I don't know yet if I want to say NO forever, that's another reason why I am not ready to say "I am an alcoholic", it wouldn't be fare. Saying "I am an alcoholic, but I want to have a drink in future" doesn't make any sense and is insulting to other people going through this process. I am here, I guess, to decide whether I am or not. To see how my life will be without a drink and if I'll suffer and miss it, this will mean to me, that yes, I am an alcoholic. For now I am gathering great intel (thanks guys ) on the subject and doing a lots of thinking and self-analysing.

Nocoi, will be as willing and open minded as I can. What does H.O.W. stands for?

p.s.. to be honest I feel a little bit of pressure from some of u to say "I am an alcoholic'…. - is this how it should feel?

thanks all & stay strong!