Thread: I have it.....
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2010, 11:51 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
ElChupacabra
Worn out by booze

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I spent 20 years like that El C - exactly like that - and in my case I lost a career, and I lost people and things I cared about, because basically I wanted to drink...I was determined to drink but without the negative consequences.

If I had listened, if I had set aside my pride, if I had admitted and faced my fear of being sober, my life would probably have been this good 10 years earlier, and I may not have lost as much as I did, or destroyed my body so comprehensively.

D
This is what I am thinking. Even if I go on a weekend binge with mates, I find that the hangover, even without withdrawals, stays with me for days on end. That never used to be the case so I was successful at whatever I did. But now it's clearly getting in the way of things. That's why I want to stop. The difficulty of stopping at this stage is that you try and convince yourself that you're not quite there yet. When I need to get into my skull is that "there" will creep up on me and the wrong time and have lasting consquences.

37 hours and counting......!