Old 02-20-2010, 07:58 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Painful93

I know for me it usually starts with some type of resentment. I can get angry over pretty much anything but it usually goes like: Damn, why didn't she at least return my affection? Then I tend to go downstairs, get on the computer and obsess about it. After a while I might even make a phone call and or pay a visit to People Places or Things. From there you can figure out the rest. Or how about: I haven't been sleeping as soundly as I can, why not ?
I am trying to learn how to cope when my disease talks to me. Yesterday on the way home my disease was talking to me and I responded by telling it "I DON'T HAVE TO DO THAT ANYMORE"
It got me home, safe and I did not Pick Up. We as Alcholics/Addicts have to be prepared for these times. I always used to KNOW what I was doing was not the right thing, but in the end, I'd just say Fu*k It! May my higher power, whatever I may conceive him/Her to be, grant me the strength to overcome these obstacles. I will try and recognize when my disease talks to me and not play into the selfdestructive insanity that I sentenced myself to for oh so many years.
Avoiding people places and things will help in this endevor