Old 02-17-2010, 07:17 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
freespirit78

Thank you for posting this!! This has been constantly on my mind. Yeah I know that this process will show me who my "real/true friends" are. I quit about 2 weeks ago. And I know the last time I got "smashed" about two weeks ago, I made a fool out of myself and haven't heard from two of my supposedly good friends. I am not sure what to make of it....sometimes we go through 2 week periods of not talking - which is normal, but I can't help but feel like it has something to do with my last episode, but they were in the same state and not trying to make myself sound better but they drink far more often than I do. Personally, I am chosing to separate myself from them while I go through this life change. i don't want to be around the drinking and they are constantly around it. I am glad you posted this topic....
it's been on my mind soooooo much and driving me crazy. but i talked to a good friend at work who has been sober for almost a year and knows the two friends of mine that I mentioned above and he agreed separating myself from them was the best thing and I shouldn't feel bad because I have to make myself a priority and be concerned about my well being only.....