View Single Post
Old 02-17-2010, 07:00 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Live

A bit of advice....when you phone the DV, dial a different number after, so that it won't come up on redial or star *? .
So glad you have contacted the DV!!
This isn't a safe or happy way to live for you or your children.
I didn't have a clue the night that it got really bad..either that it was coming or that he would do the things he did.
I escaped. I might not have.
That guy was so not worth risking my young but grown daughter worrying about her mother's safety and life.
I did get DV counseling and it was some of the greatest I have ever had.
I wasn't ever really "ready" to leave but after yet another fight/break up..one time I finally did get the stubborness (it was my pride...what little was left of it) to go no contact and it took further counseling, alot of reading, and a couple years of trying to understand what had happened. It was harder to recover and "come back" to myself than any other relationship break up (including divorce). I was so confused, it took alot of extra time.
Today I would "jet" from anyone who I perceived as abusive in any way.
I look back and am horrified at what my life was then.
Unbelievable! I was never a push over for guys, what happened there?
I wish I would have left the very first time I knew and saw something amiss.
I hope you will put things together for a quick escape, continue with the DV counseling (for heaven's sake...don't tell him!) and set about re-claiming your life, your welfare, your happiness and freedom.
Your children would probably benefit from counseling also.
I also worry that if you two get into an altercation, you risk having your children removed from your home and custody.
Take care, good wishes, let us kow how you are....we do tend to worry sometimes.
hugs,
Live