View Single Post
Old 06-17-2004, 07:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
BlueMoon
once in a . . .

i just need to share - - - -

My husband + I met at an AA meeting. We spent ALOT of time together for 2 weeks and then his sponsor told him that he couldn't date me cuz he didn't have a year sober.
I was really bummed out cuz I liked him alot but I just went to a ton of meetings and worked to get over it - i mean, I'd only known him 2 wks!

One nite about a week later, I was coming home from a meeting and I saw him sitting on the front step of my building. Holding a VERY wilted rose. He'd been sitting there in the godawful heat + humidity for 4 hours, waiting for me. He handed me the sad little rose and said "I really want to give *us* a chance, see if this can go anywhere."

And we've always used that date as our anniversary date.

We've had bad times - more than our fair share it feels like at times. But - the GOOD times have been SO GOOD! Also more than our fair share we'd think. All in all, the good FAR out-weighs the bad. Together we have always believed that we can DO anything, get THRU anything - TOGETHER, we are a *Team*. We worked hard at that and were proud of it. Some how, that got broken in this last year. My fault, his fault, HP's fault, whatever - doesn't matter really does it? It's broken and all I can do is work on ME, work on my part of it. And pray he makes it back alive - just this one more time.

Tomorrow, he will have been *poofed* for 1 month. No one knows where he is, if he's ok, if he's dead.

Tomorrow is our 12 year anniversary. I still have the rose.

Tonight, I still believe.

Blue