Old 02-17-2010, 01:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
PKTSiem

So my Mom and Wife believe I have a drinking problem, but I don't think I do. So I got on the internet to search for some answers and this website seemed helpful. He is my problem.

When we go out to drink, I tend to go over board and drink til I black out. This does not happen all the time, but it is not the first time it's happened. I just don't know how to cut myself off and then the next day I wake up not knowing what happened and my wife upset with me. When I was in college (which was about 3 yrs ago) this type of drinking would happen at least twice a month. But I don't ever go during the day feeling like I need a drink. I have gone over a month without a drink and have been fine. But when we go to parties, I just drink like there is no tomorrow and black out. This last incident when this happened, my friends and her friends felt like I did nothing wrong, but I wake up to my wife upset with me (which has happened before). I think what my problem is when we go out and I just drink beer I feel like it is not getting the job done for me. So then I start drinking whiskey and coke, then I start feeling good and everything is going fine but then I tend to black out. Sometimes I act ok, and sometimes I act like a fool.

But this past incident, my Mom got involved and she thinks I have a serious drinking problem because my wife informed he of all the past incidents including college. My Mom said that my Grandpa and her 3 brothers have had problems with alcohol, but as a kid being around it I never really noticed a problem. Now my Mom is afriad that the same thing is going to happen to me. I have a 5 month old son and I don't want this to happen to him and I don't ever want him to see me drunk. So maybe I do have a problem and I just don't realize it. I don't ever get craving to have a drink like some ppl I know. It just seems that when we go to parties or gatherings such as a wedding I drink too much. I know that there have been several times when ppl have asked me to get up and dance but I tell them no bc I am not drunk enough yet. But when I do get drunk enough I don't leave the dance floor (lol) and then later on not remembering what all happened. I don't know, I guess I am just looking for answers from ppl that dealt with this kind of thing.

Thanks