Thread: Unsure Newcomer
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2010, 07:40 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
ErikaT

Alcoholics cannot EVER drink again normally. If you dont believe me...try it. Alcoholics have been testing that theory since the beginning of time....and failing miserably. Plus...if your drinking negatively affected anyone in your life, they will never believe that ...NOW...you can drink "normally". They will just see a drunk who is now drinking again. Think about what you said in your original post. You drink every...single...solitary...day. Does that also mean that from the moment you get home until bedtime...you just dont drive anywhere? What if you were needed in some family emergency? What if SOMETHING...anything...happened and you needed to go SOMEWHERE in a hurry. You cant...cuz now your drunk...and shouldnt be driving. Thats only a small part of it. I dont like it when I hear "Only you can decide if you're an alcoholic" I think thats inaccurate. Who better to spot another alcoholic than ....another alcoholic? Ask yourself...honestly....do you think its normal to drink EVERY day? Ask yourself...honestly...HONESTLY...why do you drink EVERY day? I "like" the taste of Pepsi...but I have a Sprite now and again. I certainly do not drink the same drink every day. Alcoholics are KNOWN for using booze to escape their lives...their problems...their stress'. Do you drink everyday...by yourself? And if so,....dont you want someone to share 5pm until bedtime with from time to time? It sounds to me like you are an alcoholic.....

Normal drinkers never HAVE to WONDER if they are an alcoholic because nothing is CAUSING them to wonder it. Normal drinkers dont normally Google "Alcoholism".