Old 02-15-2010, 05:54 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
peaceteach

It really doesn't matter why he said it or whether or not he apologizes. The truth is, being with him makes me feel bad about myself. Being with him makes me feel a lot of bad things.

Keep this focus on you, honey. That's where you do have control, where you will find the answers that work for you. It is truly the right path, to take care of YOU, not him. Sweet or sour, he does not bring joy to your life, and I believe joy is what we as humans are meant to enjoy here, not pain. Choose joy. It's out there. Keep reading YOUR words. They are very powerful, especially because YOU learned them for yourself, not by just reading them here. Sometimes you do have to walk the walk, experience the pain, to truly learn the lessons.

Now try to maintain this healthy, forward-moving thought process. I found looking at myself in the mirror and saying outloud, "You don't have to live like this anymore. You don't have to live like that ever again," really helped me keep ME in the forefront, instead of "him".