View Single Post
Old 02-15-2010, 06:44 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  
Tytan

Oh yeah! The TV story! It’s a lot like the food story… in the fact my M-in-L is obsessed with please people. One night my wife and the boys went to bed… I stayed up to work on my paper a bit… and my m-in-l… well, she gets herself so worked up every night that she doesn’t sleep. Anyway, she asks me if she could turn on the TV. Not a problem… I had headphones on anyway to help me focus on writing… so, I turned on the TV and since the remote is a little tricky, I set-up everything to make it easy for her… but when I went to give her the remote, she refused to take it. “No, you pick what you want to watch.” “But, you’re the one who wants to watch TV? You can just surf around and check out British tv.” “Oh, no, I wouldn’t know what to look for, you just pick what you want to watch.” In a very nice tone I looked at my m-in-l, and said, “then I would probably just turn off the TV, because I am working on some school work right now, but if you would like to watch TV, you’ve more than welcome to channel surf.”
Okay… I think I am decompressing. Ahhh… it’s so quiet.
Anyway, I’m back to work tomorrow… and I am not looking forward to that.