View Single Post
Old 02-14-2010, 08:55 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
WildWorld

Thank you all for your responses. Impurrfect, serenityqueen, Done_With_It...thank you for sharing your personal experiences from the other side. Your stories offer so much invaluable insight, inspire me and keep me hopeful. I've learned just how resourceful my daughter can be when pushed. But I do struggle with the guilt a parent feels...it's still early days in my own recovery, too. I know about the 3 C's, but there are times when I can't even get past the first C --cause..."what did I do; what didn't I do; what should I have done"...back and forth in my head. Then I think...omg, stop already... my daughter's the addict, but I'm the one getting all crazy! That's usually when I drop to my knees and pray to God for....something; anything...strength, hope, peace. Then I come here and find you amazing group of people.

Anyway, maybe it's a good thing I truly can't finance this sober house stay, because I probably would if I could. She can't stay with her dad...he recently moved and is renting a room by the week. His soon-to-be ex wife is staying in the house with their kids. My AD is more than welcome to come home, but she doesn't like the rules...which, btw, are similar to the ones at the sober house (except the rent is alot cheaper here!) The sober house is privately owned...I don't think a sliding scale fee is applicable?

Guess, I'll just keep doing what I've been doing...praying, going to alanon and coming here. And therapy...the four-legged kind! (((Hugs)))
Sorry so HUGE...will try to make smaller or delete!!