View Single Post
Old 02-14-2010, 02:32 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  
Tytan

Day 95.
49 States has snow???? You have to be kidding me. I knew things were bad when, on facebook, an old college friend who now works for a local news station in Charleston, SC was asking people from Charleston for snow pictures to put on the 11pm news broadcast. I lived there for 5 years… the idea of them getting snow is crazy.
Yeah, Asta, no real snow here, although we are getting some slushy rain periodically.
Whelp, this is my last day in purgatory… I mean my mother-in-law’s last day in town so I need to run. The good news is that my mother-in-law stopped drinking about a year ago… but the bad news is that she’s stopped taking her anti-anxiety disorder meds… it’s been a REALLY crazy week. Her boyfriend has been passing kidney stones, back in the States, all week, and my mother-in-law has been trying to micromanage the situation the entire time she’s been here. She’s been so wound up about it that she’s stopped sleeping… and calling him at all hours of night and day… ignoring basic time zone rules calling other family members at crazy hours to have them check up on her boyfriend. I know passing stones are rough… but the dude is a big boy… get him some pain meds and comfortable bed, and a strainer to pee through… <sigh> am I heartless?
Have a wonderful Sunday everyone! The US is ahead in the metal count after day one! Keep it up!