View Single Post
Old 02-13-2010, 12:43 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Kassie2

My experience with my RAH in his first year has been a roller coaster. My RAH and I arent' talking right now and separated but we were separated before b/c of his drinking. He got sober and we reunited and it fell apart before we actually moved back together. Still working on it.
But my RAH talked to me about everything from the meetings, he talked to his sponsor in front of me everynight, he told me gradually all his secrets related to drinking amounts/times/places/etc. He shared his shameful feelings and guilt feelings which left him pretty marred emotionally. We talked a lot and fell in love all over again - he actually saw me and heard for the first time and discovered a lot about me which felt good. He was happy and genuinely enjoying things for the first time.
Where did it break down? Not certain, but I know he was advised by AA not to reunite so fast and it eventually was the reason he stopped going to meetings. He was involved in church during this time as well and we were in therapy. But I think he really just was not ready to deal with anything - he has just been trying to figure out how to live. Shortly after quitting AA, he quit church and therapy and had some slips. He keeps working on his sobriety but can't seem to deal with me now.
That is just another version/story. TAke what helps and toss the rest.