Thread: Back to Day 1
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2010, 01:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
ElChupacabra
Worn out by booze

Back to Day 1

Here I am again.

Anyone who read my previous thread will know that I lost my fiancé, job and home all in the course of a few months. I hit rock bottom and hit the bottle more than I had up until that stage. I drank almost everyday. Sometimes moderately, sometimes more heavily. Mostly I would drink wine and it would average out at about two bottles a day. When I needed to I would cut down, but when I had free days I'd hide away and drink to numb the pain of life.

Now, the problem I have is that I have a job interview next week and I want a clear mind. I need to move on with my life. Yet, I can't say that I want to at the moment because of the withdrawals and the post booze depression that I am suffering. Also, the booze numbs the pain of losing my girl and the stress my lack of income is putting on my mortgage.

I have gone through plenty of detoxes before over the years that I have been battling my binge drinking. However, I had not drunk to the level that I have in recent times during those previous detoxes....and I had more reasons to go through the withdrawals. Reasons that no longer exist.

However, the other problem I have is that I can no longer afford the alcohol. Therefore I have no choice but to do this.

So, I need your support people. I know that if I can get through a week without the drink I'll be ok.

Pray for me.