View Single Post
Old 02-08-2010, 10:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
freespirit78

Another newbie...here's my story...

I am 31, and I didn't have my first drink until I was about 21. For awhile there I was the ultimate party girl. But then things changed and I was just a weekend drinker, but sometimes not even at all for awhile. Recently things have been really good. I rarely drink and dont feel the need to drink and can go weeks with out. But then something comes up with my social circle of friends - someone's bday and then it's PARTY TIME. I don't always get hungover so that is not an issue. I just don't like my behavior that comes with drinking.
I have been reading around on this board and it has been very helpful.
My bf and I have made a decision together not party anymore, frankly we just feel way too old to stillo being doing it. But then I got to thinking and that's all that my friends really do, everything revolves around drinking. I noticed because of that in the last couple of years i have declined invitations to hang out with them. sadly I think like others have said I am going to have to close myself off from them because I no longer chose to live that way, even if it is only once a month. My bf and I were thinking about what we can do with all that extra money.
I hope none of you feel like I shouldn't be on here but I am looking for people to chat with and listen to their stories to help me progress in my personal lifestyle change.
I have already started looking into things to do other than drink...lately we have watched a LOT of movies and spent time with our dogs.
I am going to look into cooking classes for couples and get back into walking again.
Thanks to all or any that have read my post today. feels good to type some of this out....