View Single Post
Old 02-08-2010, 10:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
mfreetofly

First timer looking for advice

Hi all! I've been drinking 3-4 glasses of wine now every evening for roughly 15 years now. I've tried to quit a couple of times this year but had no support in place and went right back to drinking. Recently, I've developed a new intolerance for alcohol that is helping me sort of speak, to try again to quit. Lately, when I drink I break out in a red rash on my eyelids and face and my eyes burn and itch. Of course, I figured out pretty quick that if I keep drinking it eventually goes away. However, deep down I know it's a sign that my body is fed up with the alcohol. So I'm here for help to finally once and for all kick this habit. My biggest worry is that my boyfriend, whom I live with is also an alcoholic (nightly wine drinker) and I love him but don't know if I can successfully quit while surrounded by it and he's not even slightly interested in giving it up. Any advice you can offer in this area would be greatly appreciated. I plan on making a doctor appointment to do a liver panel and see how badly my liver has been damaged as well, because it has occurred to me that maybe my symptoms are related to liver damage. If anyone else has experienced these sort of symptoms please share.

I appreciate any who are willing to advise!