View Single Post
Old 02-05-2010, 05:32 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
DonnaT

Good evening everyone..... well I didn't know what I should do first. tell my husband or tell my supervisor... now since I have a great re-pore with my Team Leader from work and I made an appt with a Dr. who deals with addictions through our EAP program I new I would be missing some times from work I told my Team Leader tonight...she was very very supportive, said she would be my support system at work and when I need someone to talk to she would pull me off the phones (i work for Canada Revenue Agency at a call site) we would talk or go for a walk or drive down to Tims or she would take me to an AA meeting if necessary.. part of my benefits is unlimited paid Dr. appts so she assured me any appt or even aa meeting she would approve under Medical..technically she does not have to do this.. she was suprised that I have a problem with substance abuse because i am the one who is the leader helping others in need or the team, as she said I am the team comfort blanket... but she said she was very proud of me for addressing and acknowleding my problem..... I feel better. But still I bought a bottle of wine tonight and am drinking but don't know how to tell my husband.. I don't know how he will react... our marriage is good but after only 4yrs we are more like roommates than husband and wife....