View Single Post
Old 02-05-2010, 11:28 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
dasha

hI Donna, wine was my choice of drink,and my wifes, ive only been stopped 12 days out
of many years,of a bottle of wine every night.. And a lot more at weekends.. it was the
same with me.. Around 12 years ago began dabbling with a bottle now and again.. and
at first could keep it in check, like just weekends.. I ENJOYED IT.. and very much looked
forward to my reward for a hard weeks work.. but no it didnt stay like that gradually
the weekend became a four day event, then five, then seven... Result becoming pretty
much dependant on it! oh and how much pleasure id get down the wine aisle... Like a
little kid in a candy store... Unable to decide which one! obviously the Alcohol content
became a major decider.. But this became part of the everyday ritual,scourcing/choosin
buyin the right one.. all part of the daily ritual!of my little reward after my days work!
needles to say over ten years of this ritual... and health issues becoming apparent,
many many thousands of pounds wasted.. The mental battles and torment! the hangovers,guilt shame regret embarrasment, all of this... also it never stopped at one
bottle in the last few years.. It was beers thrown in.. most often 3 bottles between
the 2 of us.. Weekends free for all ,drink all we want, as we can... will face monday
in whatever state we wake in... Not givin 2 hoots about anythin but booze!! we,ll face
the pain tommorow but todays party time"! Incdentally my wife still does, which bothers
me, but its her free choice! for me its grow up time ,the partys over... Best meet sobriety
now before it gets to late... what started as a little treat, that i enjoyed, soon overpowered and controlled me.. I became obsessed with,and felt i could not live
without, like others many many many times tried to control this in order to continue,
but this was never to be! always it controlled me!! hence my absolute submission
that stoppage.. be rid of once and for all is the only way to go.so here now i do this.