View Single Post
Old 06-16-2004, 08:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Banchy
Paused

Alcoholic Magnet

I just signed up for this website last nite because of an incident that happened on Sunday. I haven't felt that I needed any support for years now. My best friend of ten years, just got her license back after 8 years; she had 4 DWIs. She has been sober for two years now. ITs been the best two years of our friendship. THis past sunday she showed up at my son's baptism drunk, bandaged and crying. The cops dropped her off; she got into an accident, wrecked her car and got another DWI. I have stuck by her side through thick and thin. We just picked her new car out, her mom helped her buy it, she had a great job for a law firm, she just put a deposit down on an apartment in an upscale town. SHE HAD THE WORLD!!!!! Well, I got her home on sunday. MOnday comes and she acts like nothing happen..i feel she just through her life away...I'm madd, confused...once again ..i was fooled. My mother is also an alcoholic. I spent many years dealing with her. She finally moved out of state, still drinks but only comes around for special occasions like a wedding...and of course my sisters and I are experts at cleanign up her messes. My problem is that i don't have the strength to help my mother anymore and now, i dont' have the strength to help my friend. What do i do??? I wish i could help her but i have a family now...a 4 month old son. I don't want him exposed to my mother let alone my friend!!! Advice please...I haven't cried this much in years.