Old 02-02-2010, 06:52 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
AABoston

Originally Posted by intention View Post
Hi and welcome to SR. Google is a great thing !

...but is that the programme working? You still will not be banking the check because you ripped it. This man now has work done by you which he is unable to pay for. That puts in a really unpleasant situation. He has to live with that now....Your pride is really causing harm here, don't you think?

I think you had good advice about actually writing an inventory on this, talking it through with a sponsor or someone honest enough to help you see the truth of how 'self' got you into this resentment, working the rest of the steps etc.

For a really stubborn resentment which keeps playing, even when the steps have been worked I follow the instructions on pg 552 (from half way down page) to the letter. It always works. Resentment cannot live in the presence of prayer.
Take care.
Your right about ripping the check up, that is not how god wants me to act.
I feel at this time I don't owe an amends or expect one. If praying and letting go invites conversation from that party in the future, so be it, then I will address it.

I have an understanding of what my part is in the situation and now I am at peace and have an understanding of what god would want me to do. I'm letting go, cleaned house, and now it is in gods hands. Self will causes me to rip up checks. Self-will, anger and resentment are luxuries that I can't afford anymore. I'm not qualified to handle it.

Thank you for this board for the help last night, I'll be sleeping well tonight.